From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Jeff Moore
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:48 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: J-Pole Antenna

I wouldn't recommend a J-pole for satellite work unless you expect to
only work sats on the horizon.  The J-Pole antenna has a low take-off
angle and almost NO radiation overhead,  an plain 1/4 wave ground plane
antenna would work better for the sats.

J-poles are great terrestrial communications antennas, not so much for
working overhead satellite passes.  An Eggbeater or quadrifiliar antenna
would be a better choice.

7 3

Jeff Moore  --  KE7ACY

On 5/12/2013 8:00 AM, Werner, HB9BNK wrote