The antenna, that I want to build, is described in a paper (probably 20 years old) by Dick, WD4FAB, titled 'Antennas for microsat ground stations', and the paper describes the large time, a LEO remains at low elevations - about 76 % below 20 degrees - and then concludes, that this is fine for a J-Pole.

I am aware of the fact, that the microsats (AO-16 et.al.) had a mean altitude of 800 km, while my 'targets' fly (sometimes) at higher altitudes. So, some problems are to be expected.

(In fact, I was working with a small yagi with fixed elevation of about 15° for several years but my rotor has problems and the access to it is complicated and the repair also, so that I decided to try something simpler until the rotor is fixed - or replaced. Living in a tight environment, I cannot put up a nice antenna system, but to compromise is part of our hobby.)

So, I keep you informed about my results.

73 Werner, HB9BNK