To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 15:54 UTC
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Phase 3

I don't think we'll ever be in a position to "buy" a launch the most we
will ever be able to do  is hope to piggy-back with a paying customer and
possibly contribute to "expenses."

Maybe having a payload "on the shelf ready" isn't such a bad plan .... if a "short window of opportunity" were to open up ... and we had nothing ready
that would be an opportunity lost. Maybe we should have various payloads
sitting on the shelf (cube, micro, mini, P3) just in case.

Piggy-back rides is how Amateur Radio Satellites got their start .... it's
the only way to continue.

--> Rob, KA2PBT