that little frog kept thinking,"the difficult I can do immediately the
impossible may take a little longer"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg D" <ko6th.g...@gmail.com>
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:48:00 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Phase 3

Not to single out Michael on this, but I need to chime in. Realism has
its place, but it also has its dangers. Too much of it, and you just
might get your way.

At work, several major programs were behind schedule. The teams were
working hard, but cutting-edge work is never easy, and significant
problems remained to be overcome. Our engineering manager sent out the
following email, to remind us of our task:

---------------------
There once was a bunch of tiny frogs who got together to arrange a
competition to reach to the top of the highest tower in town.

As the date for the competition was announced, the news spread
everywhere and crowd in large numbers gathered around the tower to see
this interesting competition and cheer on the contestants. The crowd did
not really believe any of these little frogs were going to make it to
the top of the tower. Yet they were curious…

The competition began, the frogs quickly started to ascend and the crowd
cheered!

As a few moments passed, someone from the crowd shouted, "Not a chance
that they will succeed! The tower is too high!" Another spectator said,
"Yes, they will never make it to the top. It's way too difficult!"

As the competition continued, some of the tiny frogs began collapsing.
One by one… tired… exhausted… But the race continued… as those who still
had the fight left, passionately continued to climb higher and higher…
In the excitement and anxiety the crowd continued to yell, "It is too
difficult. No one will make it!"
More tiny frogs got tired and gave up. They all continued to give up one
by one, until there was only ONE little frog left in the competition who
continued to climb higher and higher and higher…

This one wouldn’t give up!

This one tiny frog who, after a big effort was the only one who reached
the top! This little soul was the winner! He made it! He got the glory!

Naturally, everyone wanted to know how this one tiny frog managed to
pull it off when every other contestant gave up. Everybody wanted to
know how this tiny frog had found the strength to reach this goal that
everyone else thought it was impossible. So, they asked questions.

It turned out that the winner was deaf.

The Moral Of The Story

Do not pay attention to what other people’s opinions are when it comes
to your dreams and goals. Focus on your goal and march in confidence.
People will always have opinions and generally – a negative one. Do not
pay any attention to them.

I am inspired. I am deaf. Are you listening :-D ?
-----------------------

I believe the AMSAT organizations across the planet will launch and
operate the best fleet of Amateur Satellites that can be launched.
Variety, including HEO, is and has always been a goal. We collectively
are a creative bunch, and I know that there are technologies and options
out there that we have not yet developed or identified, that will move
us towards our goal. And when the satellites come, I will use them, with
thanks.

Greg KO6TH

p.s. The first of the above referenced products will begin Release
Candidate testing on Monday...