Trust me, no one out there wants me to be more totally wrong about P3-E than myself but my guess is that it will never ever see space. I want to be wrong soooooo bad but I'm a realist.
73,
Michael, W4HIJ
On 9/21/2013 12:50 PM, R Oler wrote:
there are possibilities however, SpaceX is going to do at least one full and
one semi test flight on the heavy...the semi test flight is for the USAF and
they are carrying ballast...and the final stage has to do a disposal burn  RGO

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 21, 2013, at 10:20 PM, "Marc Vermeersch" <a...@skynet.be> wrote:

:-)

-----Original Message-----
From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Gordon JC Pearce
Sent: zaterdag 21 september 2013 11:49
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Phase 3

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 11:23:29PM +0600, R Oler wrote:
While anything is possible I will be very surprised (pleasntly) if
there is another amateur radio satellite with a liquid propulsion
system that is managed by any amateur group that gets a ride into any
sort of HEO transfer orbit.Ion engines might be different but after AO-
40 and its propulsion issues the days of amateurs playing with rocket
engines on commercial flights I suspect is over.

This is something I've often wondered about.  "Oh hi, commercial rocket
company, can we stick our homebrewed rocket into your billion dollar
vehicle?"

When people with more oil than weapons stuff some mix of chemicals into
a tube and crimp the end shut it's called an Improvised Explosive
Device.  We're supposed to somehow convince someone to let us tack our
semitested bomb onto their flight?  I doubt they're going to go for
it...

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ