Sorry,
Yes, the double side is Get proper rubber self-amalgamating tape. Should have said that!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gordon JC Pearce" <gordon...@gjcp.net>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:42 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: why not to buy an M2 antenna Sealing Coax

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 02:21:50PM -0500, Rich/wa4bue wrote:
I am not a fan of COAX Seal, it tends to migrate into the connector.

In the Hampton Roads area, a NAVY town, we use the old NAVY way:
* Light application of high great Silicon
* Double sided electrical tape rap
* Electrical tape rap
* Spray lacquer over
* Nylon tie on each end

Great seal!

Ew, LX tape. Yuck. Leaves sticky residue when you try to peel it off, loses its sticky and unwraps by itself leaving sticky crap everywhere if you don't.

Get proper rubber self-amagamating tape, and do the job once and do it right.

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ (up here at 57°N we get a bit of weather)