If you want a "fast" language, use OCaml : (http://caml.inria.fr/index.en.html)
I code with this language at school, and it's very funny and pleasant.
The code is also quite small; but it's not an easy language as python
or tcl. It can be compiled in native code or in bytecode.

Well, stop talking about which is the best language.

There is already a project for an msn client written in python : ask
Ole Andre Vadla Ravnas.

2006/6/2, Sander Hoentjen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 22:45 +0200, Harry Vennik wrote:
> > Yes, you may be right, be we also need to think about what we are going to
> > do
> > ourselves. For that I think there is just:
> > - Tcl because we use that now, and we all know it
> > - C because it is the best programming language that compiles to native code
> And if I say Visual Basic is the best without backing that up, who of us
> would be right? Yes you say "is the best <> that compiles to native
> code", but you don't say why that is a good thing, or why it IS the
> best.
> >
> > I prefer C.
> That is a much better sentence then the one above.
>

> > I've always disliked interpreted languages because of their lack of speed.
> >
> > And Youness: Java is faster than C for processing???? Benchmarks please :-P
> >
> > Harry
>

> P.S. reading back what i wrote it can be interpreted as a bit harsh, but
> it is not meant that way. I just mean to say everybody has a language of
> choice, and you have a high risk of saying that language is the best.
> When you do so please add "in my opinion" or a link to a benchmark (not
> that benchmarks mean a lot, since you can probably find a benchmark for
> any case you want)

Boris FAURE (aka billiob)
mail, msn : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
However, a large number of electrons were terribly
agitated.