On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 05:36:11PM +0100, Philippe Valembois - Phil wrote:
> Hi,
> Lee it's not to critic your job... I think the idea is good to change this
> image (I was thinking the same) but Youness' critics are justified I think...
:) don't worry, I think Lee loves critics and is not susceptible! :)

> > I feel like I always have to say a critic.. sorry about that :p
> > anyways, the image looks nice, I like the idea, but here are a few
> > suggestions, you can either take them or reject them, as I think it is
> > already good! :)
> > 1 - How about removing the blue background, I do like it, but I think it
> > kind of feels awkward the blue background on the image on a white
> > background website.. no ?
> I think like him : it prevents us to see well the box...
> > 2 - maybe write something on the side of the box ?
> > 3 - how about making the image bigger instead of just a little 'icon', and
> > have a few more details in it, like for example... a) informational stuff,
> > like "windows/linux/mac/bsd certified"
> >   b) funny stuff like "aMSN inside(tm)"
> >   c) other stuff ?
> What I think is bad is it doesn't take all the width.... We have a square on
> the middle and nothing on the sides...
> Maybe we should move the box on the left and put the features at the right of
> it...
ohh, right, I also felt that way but didn't know what caused that feeling...
it's not well centered (maybe because of the addition of
ads or something), but I'm not too fond of the idea of having the feature list
inlined with the picture...

> > 4 - we could add more text/image and have a few different colors than
> > blue/white, no ? look at the elivecd.org website, and look at the images
> > they have for their cd :
> > http://elivecd.org/img/_images/elive-package-open.png (.tgz svg :
> > http://elivecd.org/files/_files/elive-cddover.tar.bz2 ) it's nice, no ? so
> > small important, 'ad'-like information would be nice..
> Well I think you really like the blue :d
lol

> But in the end I think that the site is too "monotonous" (not sure of
> translation) Too much blue... Anyway any change on the website layout isn't
> possible for 0.96...

yeah, you told me some people said that to you, the correct word would be...
humm... too 'plain/boring'.. ok, it's not the correct
word, but it explains it a bit.. ahh, maybe the word is 'dull' :D

> > 5 - I shut up with my extravagant requests..
> Well I just have an idea !! :d
> When you will have finished the box... We could create a full size template
> let users realize their own aMSN box ? (and maybe create a gallery with
> photos of real aMSN boxes like here http://www.kde-look.org/?xcontentmode=44)
hehe, a good idea, like the one with the tux-es (the one from which you took
your DP everytime).. but I think it will be a hassle to
set up that and we'll probably have toooo few people submiting stuff...