I didn't get the other mails (because of my spam filter I think) but I
see Phil calling me a liar :p

What I said is that the one I made with snit objects (clgui.tcl) doesn't
support and never will support background images.  But, I think this is
a better design then the guicontactlist.tcl one (the one you want to
make default now, which was started by Burger but where I did a lot of
work on).  Tom's contactlist.tcl is somewhat the same design as
clgui.tcl but uses his own widgets for placing widgets on a canvas.
This makes background images etc possible and is very beautiful, well
designed etc... but imo it's rather slow.  guicontactlist.tcl was
promising and I believed it wasn't going to be slow but now it just it
while there's a lot still unfinished.
I vote (if that's still possible) for something like clgui.tcl but
without first changing the whole abook.tcl code to something snit-based.
This is what stopped me further working on it.
I also said, once you support a background image but then see the new CL
you have is too slow you can't change easily to one without background
images.

Karel.

Op maandag 04-12-2006 om 00:53 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Youness
Alaoui: