On 1/23/99 5:52 PM kathy malone ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:

>We are running our homepage on a Windows NT Server and have been using
>Analog to do our webpage stats. However, our Systems Administrator
>left abruptly and didn't tell us how to get to the logfiles we need for
>our stats. We may be way off base, but we think we need to know the
>Administator Server Port Number to get to them.
>
>If this is correct, is there any way for us to determine that port number?
>
>If this isn't correct, can anyone tell us how to get to the logfiles?
>
>Sorry for so many questions, but the former Sys. Admin. didn't share
>anything with us, and we're in the dark. Thanks in advance.

You don't need to do anything with the Administation Server, and thus
don't need it's port number, unless you want to change the log format.
The log files exist on the drive somewhere as regular files, and you just
need to figure out where. This varies by the server brand and can also
might be customized your your particular case. If you can find the manual
for the server it will tell you the normal palce that the files would be
installed.

There is almost surely something in the start menu when you log in as
administratior on the console that will give you both control over the
server and display the current settings of where configuration and log
files are stored without knowing the port number for remote
administration.

Good Luck
Jason

[EMAIL PROTECTED]