On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Judith Berman wrote:

> I set up a form for each subdirectory
> which parses the log file pulling information for that directory only
>
> in dacota.cfg
> DIRINCLUDE /dacotah
> REQEXCLUDE /*.*
> REQINCLUDE /dacotah/*.html,/dacotah/
> PAGEINCLUDE /dacotah/*.html,/dacotah/
> FILEINCLUDE /dacotah/*.html,/dacotah/
>
> the form dacotah.html is then password protected for that clients eyes
> only.. and wallah individualized data results...
>
> couldn't this be done for directories under say dacotah as well?...

Yes, but it only scales to a small number of directories. Also, you have to
remember that people can submit any form data they like, not just what
you've put on the form you hope they'll use.

The only way to stop them would be to have a mandatory configuration file
that overrides their choices. But then you would have to compile analog
yourself, and you would need a new analog executable for each client.

--
Stephen Turner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
  Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England