On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Jim Sander wrote:

>    Whoops! slip of the fingers there, I meant to finish that before I sent
> it. (^z and ^x are too close together some days) Sorry about that!
>
> >    OK, I have one silly "help" question, and one more esoteric one...
> > Easy stuff first- I can't seem to get Analog to successfully recognize the
> > logformat- I've tried everything logical I can think of...
> >
> >    Here is my Apache LogFormat line- not that it has %{} variables in it,
> > so I can't (according to the docs) get by using APACHELOGFORMAT.
> > LogFormat "%h %v %u %t \"%r\" %s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-agent}i\"

Not so. It's only "%...{format}t" that it doesn't understand.
"%...{format}i" is OK. I shall emphasise that in the next version of the
documentation.

>    Now the esoteric question- it appears that Analog ignores the
> difference between GET and POST requests- any reasoning behind this? I
> think it would be pretty usefull sometimes, although I will admit it is
> rare to have a request for the same document with both get and post
> methods. Just a question, not a complaint.

Well, you answered it yourself. A single document that responds to both GET
and POST (or at least, which behaves differently in response to GET and
POST) is rare. And if it did, how would you report it differently? So analog
ignores this field for speed.

You can make out a much better case for treating HEAD differently, which
again it doesn't do.

--
Stephen Turner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
  Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England