Whoops, sorry, I just sent the half the original message back to the list by
pressing the wrong key. CTRL-C is too close to CTRL-X...

Anyway, Jim, I think you're still confused. LOGFORMAT/LOGFILE pairs don't
define log formats for logfiles in the way that you seem to expect. A
LOGFILE command just says "analyse this LOGFILE with the current LOGFORMAT".
It doesn't define a format for that logfile in general, which will hold if
you specify that logfile elsewhere.

And if you want to specify a format for logfiles on the command line, you
just need to use DEFAULTLOGFORMAT.

--
Stephen Turner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
  Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England