I have installed other cgi's.

Here's the error when I run anglform.pl from the command prompt (it appears
that permissions are not set correctly but analog is set to be 775):

[Mon Feb  7 11:39:55 2000] ./anlgform.pl: Can't run analog because
"/usr/local/etc/httpd/analog4.02/analog" not found or not executable:
Permission denied.
Died at ./anlgform.pl line 77.

...and here's the error from my eror logs:

[Mon Feb  7 10:46:31 2000] send body lost connection to client 195.93.0.1

Here's a thought: I have found that I cannot FTP any of the analog files in
ASCII format - they must be transfered in binary mode -could this be a probem
and if so what do I do about that? For example, all the files in the LANG
folder must be FTP'd in binary format.

Again, I'm wondering about the -T switch on the command line "#!/usr/bin/perl5
-T"?
Stephen Turner wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, Jonathan Farrow wrote:
>
> > Today I download an installed analog4.02 on the Unix server that hosts
> > my web site. From the telnet prompt it runs just fine. My problem is
> > with the installation of the HTML form and corresponding CGI program.
> > After editing both files a hundred different ways the closest I have
> > come is the error:
> >
> > Program Failure
> >
> > Analog failed to run or returned an error code.
> > Maybe your server's error log will give a clue why.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I don't know where the server error log is (or if I can
> > get to it as a virtual host).
> >
> > Why won't analog run from this cgi?
>
> Have you ever installed other CGI programs? There may be restrictions
> imposed by your ISP if you are not managing your own server.
>
> And have you run anlgform.pl from the command line as explained in the
> section on Troubleshooting?
>
> > I do have perl5.x installed - by the
> > way what is the switch "-T" for in the statement "#!/usr/bin/perl5 -T"
> >

> It runs "taint checks" which improve security. See man perlsec.
>
> --
> Stephen Turner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
>   Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England
>   "We can ask you to pay the full amount which you owe us if you:
>    (a) become bankrupt; or (b) die." Egg Credit Card Agreement

PLEASE QUOTE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE IN ALL CORRESPONDENCE...
We get a lot of email and it's often difficult to keep track!

Jonathan Farrow

The Media Group                             Phone: (323) 661.3382
7510 W. Sunset Blvd. #553                   Fax: (323) 661.3302
Los Angeles, CA  90046                      http://www.FineArtSite.com/