Nate Wilbert wrote:

>Heres my question: is there a way to use Analog to just parse out the
>fields of any log file and place them, tab delimited, into a new txt file?
>This I would then load into a data warehouse on SQL Server 7.

Can the process that you are using to import the data into SQL 7 just skip
the fields that you don't want?

>I want to store the most granular level of data available from the logs
>into our data warehouse, not just summarized data.  I was thinking that
>if I could stick a print statement (?) in the code somewhere, that
>would help my effort here.

The following 3 lines of perlscript will do what you want, I think:

while (<>) {
  split;

(This prints the 2nd and 5th field - just modify as appropriate. It
should also be possible to do this from the command line, just passing
in the print command, but I can't figure out how to make it work on NT.
And if you want to skip the #Header lines in your log file, you'd need
to add an extra line or two).

Aengus