> I don't think I understand what you're doing, but if you're
> trying to read a
> .gz file, have you specified an UNCOMPRESS command?

I do have the UNCOMPRESS command ... what now works is ALL my old .gz files,
except for April and the raw text file for April. I expanded it using WinZip
and placed it in the directory with the old .gz files. That works fine ...
but if I remove the raw text and put the .gz file for April it only reads to
4/9 @ 0500 ... I assume it's a problem with gzip, since I can use WinZip and
get a good file out. Although this exact same config, using WinZip, did not
work for a while ... I am confused but working.

smillie

PS did you ever get the .gz file I sent you and could you get that working??