Well here's my tuppence worth;

I don't think that you can say that WebTrends is 'much more detailed' than
Analog. I do think you can say that WebTrends is vastly more 'creative' than
Analog. The reasons for this are beautifully outlined in the 'what you can
and can't do' section of the Analog site.
I have found it to be worth the effort to explain to clients why many of the
apparently fancier WT reports are utter twoddle. In my experience they are
surprisingly receptive!
If you need graphical representations, then Report Magic has been developed
and is also free (and bloody quick too!).
I hope your marketing department goes for it (point them in the direction of
the FAQs on www.analog.cx)!

Charl