I would sure appreciate a little counsel on the analog form interface --
when not used on a server through CGI.

I have several web sites hosted on remote ISPs in the US and download my
log files via FTP from these sites. I have NO access to the server on these
sites, and perform all of my analysis of logs on my own Windows95 office
computer.

Because I have several sites that I analyze locally / off-line, I would
like a form (or editable form like) interface that executes analog directly
(as I do manually) allowing me to specify different log files on my windows
machine, instead of using what is to me a somewhat convoluted CGI
executable route through a form interface which I assume means setting up a
local server on my office computer for that purpose alone.

Has anyone else confronted this problem, and found a solution?

Also, to the degree that Stephen finds valuable the opinions of subscribers
-- I would value some kind of "Sessions" estimation / calculation /
"standard"-- even though I understand and appreciate his reasoning to the
contrary.  Also, similar to "Sessions" but perhaps simplier might be the
simple objective of determining a total number of unique IP addresses /
"visitors". Even though not completely accurate, it would be a valuable
approximation.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dru