Yeah I read the 'webworks' document and thought it an excellent explaination
:-) I've passed it on to others with whom it's sometimes a struggle to
explain these concepts. It's a very useful doc and I wasn't aware of the AOL
behaviour, but...

The issue I've got is the WT count is _less_ than the analog count and my
expectation would be for it to be higher. If the issue was AOL user sessions
coming through as a high number of different IPs (as explained in
'webworks') then I'd expect to see a much higher WT count as (say) 10 AOL
users will generate (say) 200 different IPs (unique hosts) and with WT then
counting use of an IP after (say) 30 mins as being a new visitor it ought to
be counting a much higher number of visitors. analog would simply count '200
distinct hosts served', but WT (I'd expect) would see that as maybe '1000
visitors' as those 200 IPs get shuffled and reused by different users over
time.

> Of course, I can't say if that accounts for it all. You might like to test
> them both with small invented logfiles to see if they're both
> reporting what
> you think they should be.

What do you mean by inverted?? Reversed time sequence?

Many thanks again for your help :-)

.../Iain