"Kent and Brynne Dyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Just specify the logfile on the commandline (for both Analog and QDNS).
>
> SET logfile=ex02%month%.log
> QDNS /L %logfile% /D C:\analog\DNS.DNS /Y 1.2.3.4
> Analog -G +gd:\www\sites\site.cfg %logfile%
>
> >There are some examples of getting the date into an NT environment
> variable in the list archive:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/analog-help@lists.isite.net/msg06596.html
>
> OK..  As is stated in the documentation for QDNS.EXE, that makes sense
> for one log, but if we have 21 sites with different log locations and
> a new log created for each day.

So what? You have to call QDNS 21 times whether you are using /G or /L.

> I have started to use Cédric Caron's
> IIS Automator from http://www.reportmagic.org/addons.html and I think I
> may need to use something like -
> http://www.serverautomationtools.com/tools/1.5.html and the download
from
> http://www.serverautomationtools.com/cyber/dloadit/download.cgi?ID=13

Maybe we need to start over from the beginning - I can't see anything in
the description of that program that does anything to address your
original question - problems with unresolved numerical addresses. Are you
still having problems with unresolved numerical addresses?

Aengus