----- Original Message -----
From: "Aengus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Doug Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > How does one specify floor, host name, style sheet, etc? Can you do
> > that in the analog.cfg file now? I never saw that anywhere. I wish
> > there was a place to find what changes where and what you need to do
> > different from version to version.
>
> http://www.analog.cx/docs/whatsnew.html
>
> can I ask what version of Analog you used to run? According to the
WhatsNew file for version 1, the analog.cfg file was introduced in version
0.91beta (04-Jul-95)

Came right up through probably 5-7 updates. I think it is 5.24 right now.

> > The entire documentation is off a little, I think. It is geared to
> > either users who do very little, or very lot with the program. For
> > those doing very little, it is pretty much a couple settings, and off
> > and running. For in-depth users, you need to read and absorb every
> > last detail since umpteen revisions ago.
>
> No, you just have to read the current documentation. If you want to get by
on your knowledge of a really old version, then there isn't much point in
upgrading, is there?

Yeah, that's it, my opinion is wrong. I am looking at the documentation on
the analog web site.

> > For the casual user, who wants to make some more modifications than
> > basic ones, it is difficult to find one's way around the
> > documentation and find what to look for. Sure, if I KNEW to look for
> > "ARGSEXCLUDE", I'd be able to read that section on how to do it.
> >
> > Am I alone here in this?
>
> It can be hard to find stuff in the documentation. But I'm not
volunteering to re-write it - are you? Believe me, re-writing it so that it
explicitly answered every conceivable question that a user might as wouldn't
make it easier to find the answer to your questions, it'd just make the
documentation even longer than it is now.

I didn't say to answer every permutation of question, but to make info more
easy to find.