Doug Nelson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]; Monday, November 18, 2002 4:34 PM):

This changes the global default settings in Analog. You can make all
of these changes in your analog.cfg file without ever having to
rebuild Analog. You can also make changes to different config files
and use the +g (and -G) command line options to allow different
settings for different reports.

>> For finding this kind of stuff, http://analog.cx/docs/indx.html is
>> your friend.
>>

> Tried it. It took me about 15 minutes to find the ALIAS info, and it turns
> out even THAT wasn't the right one! Are we supposed to guess which term we
> need to look up? (Hey, I know it's free, but...)

Uh.... there is an entry for *ALIAS and there is an entry with the
words Aliases. You don't even have to scroll the screen to read them.

But yes, sometimes there is an easier way to do something than what
might appear on first glance in the docs. That's why you have experts
on this list who can help you. :-)

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group