On a personal note on that comment, I would like to know who these people
are that are advising you to use Flash, because as a professional web
designer, I've yet to find anyone who does...

Flash is a tool, and unless you have specific need you plain should not use
it.

Oh and windows will not only addess 3.2GB of RAM, it'll address up to 12
with table extensions. The 3.x GB is down to memory map limitations, not
Windows. I have a 32-bit system with 6GB RAM in it.

"Paul Wade" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Aengus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Short of just satisfying your curiosity, what purpose is achieved by
> knowing how many people use 64-bit browsers?
>
> That's a serious question - is it actually useful information, or is it
> just extraneous data?

Well, the purpose of using a 64-bit OS is like Dimitri says, so that you can
have more RAM.  Currently 32-bit Windows will only address 3.2GB of RAM and
if
you work a lot with graphics and admittedly Vista too, that isn't a lot.

On the web this isn't really relevant right now, but until the Flash player
goes 64-bit, it would be helpful to know how much to use this for
navigation,
tutorials and such without alienating a percentage of my audience.

We have been advised to use Flash for so long, it's a pain really.
Otherwise
I have spent so long on this the last couple of days guys, I do hope I have
helped you...

Paul