Baker, Tammy K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm writing because I'm wondering how you were able to get Analog to
> work. I tried running it on a couple of smaller log files to test it
> out by running the following command: analog ezp200801.log
>
> But got the following error message:
>
> analog: analog version 6.0/Win32
> analog: Warning E: Redirecting future diagnostic messages to
>   errors1.txt (For help on all errors and warnings, see
> docs/errors.html)

That's a warning, not an error - it just says that it's going to write any
error messages to a file instead of writing them to the screen. If you want
them to write to the screen, comment the ERRFILE command out of the analog.cfg
file.

The output that was in the error file is

Warning L: Large number of corrupt lines in logfile ezp200801.log:
  turn debugging on or try different LOGFORMAT

That basically means that Analog doesn't recognize the data in your logfile -
it can't tell what each field means.

> I have the following entered into the EZproxy configuration file:
>
> ## Logfile directives added 2006-04-04, LogSPU added 2006-05-18
>
> LogFile -strftime ezp%Y%m.log
>
> LogFormat %h %{ezproxy-session}i %u %t "%r" %s %b %{referer}i
>
> LogSPU -strftime spu%Y%m.log %h %{ezproxy-session}i %u %t "%r" %s %b
> %{ezproxy-groups}i %v %{referer}i

This is the Analog list, not the EZProxy list, so I have no idea what LOGSPU
means, but that LogFormat line wou;d probably correspond to something like this
in the analog.cfg file:

LOGFORMAT (%S %c %u [%d/%M/%Y:%h:%n:%j] "%j %r HTTP%j" %c %b %f)

(Note that Analog wants the date/time field spelled out - I'm just guessing at
what the %t in EZProxy might actually generate).

> I attached my error report but I'm starting to thinking the analog
> configuration file (analog.cfg) might need to be adjusted; actually,
> I'm not sure where to begin. Can you give me some pointers?

Add
LOGFORMAT (%S %c %u [%d/%M/%Y:%h:%n:%j] "%j %r HTTP%j" %c %b %f)
LOGFILE ezp200801.log

When Analog completes, open the file Report.html that it generates to see the
result. If you're still not getting any output from Analog, post 2 or 3 lines
from your logfile, so that we can tweak the LOGFORMAT command that you need to
put in your Analog.cfg file.

Aengus