Hello Edward,

I saw your posting on the EZproxy mailing list and was wondering if you
could help me out.

I took a look at your stats below and this is similar to the types of
reports I'd like to create from our EZproxy log files. Log files and SPU
logs are generated on a monthly basis on our EZproxy server (which is a
Windows server). I downloaded Analog 6.0 on a PC running Windows XP for
the purposing of generating usage statistics; I'm new to both
applications, especially Analog.

I'm writing because I'm wondering how you were able to get Analog to
work. I tried running it on a couple of smaller log files to test it out
by running the following command: analog ezp200801.log

But got the following error message:

analog: analog version 6.0/Win32
analog: Warning E: Redirecting future diagnostic messages to errors1.txt
  (For help on all errors and warnings, see docs/errors.html)

I have the following entered into the EZproxy configuration file:

## Logfile directives added 2006-04-04, LogSPU added 2006-05-18

LogFile -strftime ezp%Y%m.log

LogFormat %h %{ezproxy-session}i %u %t "%r" %s %b %{referer}i

LogSPU -strftime spu%Y%m.log %h %{ezproxy-session}i %u %t "%r" %s %b
%{ezproxy-groups}i %v %{referer}i

I attached my error report but I'm starting to thinking the analog
configuration file (analog.cfg) might need to be adjusted; actually, I'm
not sure where to begin. Can you give me some pointers?

Thank you so much in advance,

Tammy

Tammy K. Baker, Technology Librarian
Automated Library Services
District Services and Training Center
North Harris Montgomery Community College District
5000 Research Forest Drive
The Woodlands, Texas 77381-4356 USA

Telephone:            (832) 813-6652
Facsimile:              (832) 813-6614