At Monday, March 31, 2008 4:34 PM, Esposito, Richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

I use Analog to count traffic on a ColdFusion internal news and events
calendar site. There are dozens of different types of URLs captured
within the log files, but the two kinds of pages I need to count --
stories and calendar items --have URLs like this:

STORIES:
http://bnn.ids.web.boeing.com/index.cfm?content=story.cfm&id=5226&bu=11

CALENDAR ITEMS:
http://bnn.ids.web.boeing.com/index.cfm?content=include/event_calendar_s
ite.cfm&region=4&site=49&event_id=11970

Based on these URLs, what would be the best way to configure Analog to
isolate just these 2 types of pages? I've tried a few approaches but
haven't gotten consistent results. Thanks

I'd be inclined to use FILEALIAS to seperate those entries out in the Request Report.

FILEALIAS /index.cfm?content=story.cfm* story.cfm$1
FILEALIAS /index.cfm?content=include/event_calendar_site.cfm* calendar.cfm$1

(I'm assuming that the http://bnn.... part isn't in your log file. If it is, you can just put * before the /index.cfm part)

If you don't care about the additional parameters after the &, you can leave the $1 out.

Aengus