Hi all.

I'm just learning how to develop for android.  I'm using Eclispe Ganymede
3.4.1 with ADT 0.8.0.v200809220836-110569 and jdk 1.6.0_10.  I have created
a test app wherein I put some text and a button on the screen.  the program
loads and runs in the emulator just fine, but when I click the button, I
want it to give me some text feedback that the button was clicked, but
nothing happens.  Below is my java code:

package test.app;

import android.app.Activity;

import android.os.Bundle;

import android.widget.Button;

import android.view.View;

import android.view.View.OnClickListener;

public class test_app extends Activity {

    @Override

        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

        setContentView(R.layout.main);

        /* Find the button from our XML-layout. */

        Button b = (Button)this.findViewById(R.id.btn_open_search);

        b.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener() {

            public void onClick(View agr0) {

            // Place code to handle button click here

            System.out.println("Button clicked");

            }

        });

    }

}

Is there a different way I should be doing this than using
system.out.println()?  Any suggestions are welcome.  Thanks.