On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 3:52 PM, fadden <fad...@android.com> wrote:
> I do a daily walk through stackoverflow for questions tagged with
> "android".  Nobody will be searching based on esoteric tags.  I think
> the point of restricting tag generation is to ensure that people *do*
> find your question because it exists in a pool of other similar
> questions that people are examining.

I have a problem with linecache.  There's no tag for it.  I couldn't
create one.  I did go ahead and choose other tags, ones not as
relevant as the ONE I wanted.  But whatever.

It's a stupid restriction.  1500 reputation before I can even properly
tag my question?  I've developed sites that used tags plenty of times
before.. it's just a join table, not a huge deal.  For them to act
like tags are so important n00bs like me can't create one?  Fuck them
and their 1500 reputation tags.

I've never once got help from there.  I tried again today as a last
resort.  I'm expecting nothing, as it's likely that's what I'll be
getting.

--
Greg Donald
destiney.com | gregdonald.com