Hi ank,

Good question.  My m5-RC14 version of the SDK doesn't include an
APIDemos.apk file so you may need to create it using Eclipse and then
push it using the info outlined here.

On the other hand, I did accidentally delete my APIDemos from the
Emulator and simply deleted my Android folder and started over again.
To fully delete the Android install, you'll need to delete one of the
other directories it creates outside the install folder.  See this
thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-beginners/browse_thread/thread/f846f460bf26c983/a3d0cea219a298d8?lnk=st&q=appdata+local+android#a3d0cea219a298d8

Lastly, if you have found the apiDemos.apk and simply want to push it
to the Emulator, then do this:
1) Quit out of any running app by clicking the home button.

2) run this command:  adb install <path-to-apk>/apiDemos.apk

3) Note:  Seeing the new applications sometimes requires restarting
the Emulator as app manager sometimes only reads manifests on start.

Best,
Anthony