Interesting. I don't have the apk with m5-RC14, but api demos were on
the emulator the first time I started it up. No need to install. There
was a post about RC15 not having them, but I don't recall if that was
the real issue.

Back on topic...

> I can handle instability but operating in the dark because of vague
> errors that simply say "null" or nothing at all is simply amateur
> programming.

Yeah, some of the error handling is a bit bad. To get a null pointer
where the problem is in android code itself isn't so great. I don't
recall running into any place where you just get "null" or nothing at
all though. There always seems to be a stack trace in LogCat, although
sometimes something odd happens and the LogCat output doesn't show up
in Eclipse.