[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> The idea is to develop the main application in java
> code and this would "call" to the algorithm somehow, so the algorithm
> could return a value for the main app. I know there are some libs
> writen in C/C++ and I'm wondering if I could do so for my project,
> write my own lib and call it from the main app.

Currently the only way of writing stuff in C on Android is to embed it
in the phone image itself. You can't do it from applications.

However, if you don't need the code to be fast, you might be interested
in this:

http://wiki.brianweb.net/NestedVM/NestedVM

It's a system for running C on Java by compiling the C into MIPS machine
code and then converting the machine code into Java bytecode (which
would then get converted into Dalvik bytecode). The result will be
slower than rewriting the app in Java, but that may be sufficient for
your purposes.

--
David Given
[EMAIL PROTECTED]