Market makes use of Google Checkout which is probably the cause of
some payment problems.

At AndAppStore we use PayPal who have a more mature product than
Checkout and extend to more countries. We also pass 100% of payments
to the developer in a direct user to developer transaction which side
steps the need for us to get involved in any tax and legal issues
surrounding the transaction (in the same way a hosting company isn't
involved in transactional issues when they host an eCommerce site for
another company). So it's not that we're small or fast, it's just that
we've set our business model to make use of existing providers who
have well developed services (e.g. PayPal), and workflows that avoid
the need to get involved in the complex legal side of things.

Hope this helps you understand the differences.

Al.