Well I don't think pre-installed apps are the best way to get apps on
the phone.
Very often, users simply don't keep those pre-installed apps or they
don't want to use them at least but normally those
apps are hard, sometimes impossible, to remove without taking big
changes in the system itself.
And most of the times, the apps are already outdated when they're
chipped so every new device has to update itself immediately after
first boot.
That's to much Windows like where you install Windows for 40 Min (Max.
for me) and you're doing updates for at least 3 hours.