Wrong. If it "had no right to be called Java", then Sun (now Oracle)
would be suing Google, since they protect the name zealously. Remember
what happened when Microsoft tried polluting the name.

Sun did not sue even before the Oracle acquisition, they didn't even
complain; so they must have been content that Android's use of the
name Java is correct -- at least for the language, not the platform
(http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2007-11-13-n83.html).