Well, none of Sun's implementations are concurrent -- they all force
the application to stop for a time.  They're not generally well-
designed for LARGE applications (eg, a fast 8-way running a heavy
transaction system), or anything with really stringent response time
requirements.  The IBM iSeries Java implementation ran rings around
Sun's, and the newer IBM portable Java implementation runs rings
around the iSeries implementation.

One of the problems with Sun's GC scheme is the vast number of
parameters -- no one understands them, or how to set them for a given
set of circumstances (especially if those circumstances vary
dynamically).