On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 5:20 PM, TreKing <treking...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have read from many sources that findViewById() is a "costly" operation.
>>
>> What sources?
>
> Actually, it's described in several places as being costly, such as
> the books from some "commons guy". I suspect the source material for
> this was some recommendations from Romain Guy in 2008. He
> re-emphasized the point in his 2010 Google I|O presentation.

Yes, indeed. In fact, I just saw that Google I/O video (The world of
ListView) and a few more about android. He emphasizes actually that
using the LayoutInflater is costly, more than calling findViewById().

@Treking (that I suppose isn't your name): Thanks, I will think about
the class approach and sorts like that.

Regards,
--
If you want freedom, compile the source.

Sebastián Treu
http://labombiya.com.ar