On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM, bruce <palant...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are just doing a few items, it's not going to be a big deal.
> Same with grabbing data from a database.  It's an issue when you have
> to scroll through lots of data and repopulate views, deal with flings,
> etc., while maintaining good speed.  Sounds like you won't have to
> deal with this.
>
> Another way to approach this is to work with something like
> SimpleCursorAdapter and map your database onto the layout so it
> automagically populates.  This only makes sense if you are going to
> display a set of info; lists/grid.

In fact, I'm already using a SimpleCursorAdapter for a Spinner in the
same Activity to improve the "user experience". The Activity has a
Gallery/ListView (while portrait or landscape), a Spinner for the
selected ImageView from the Gallery/ListView, so the user has the
posibility to go across the whole list, or just pick one within the
Spinner. The ImageView shows you an image that could be interesting
but maybe you don't know it. And the Spinner shows you a name, that
maybe you are familiar with. So, you have the possibility of choose
that.

This two widgets are connected each other in terms that selecting
something in the Spinner will select something in the Gallery/ListView
and that will update 5 TextViews. For instance, only I have 12 rows of
things to pick, but it could be more. Also, picking just one will
expand more information about that row.

Basically, it's a tour app, that has tours, that each tour has
interest points. I know that google has recently create something like
city tour, but it's not quite the same.

And, I need to send another mail with a different topic to this list
about some weird issues i'm facing with ListView.

Thanks for the recommendations,
Regards,
--
If you want freedom, compile the source.

Sebastián Treu
http://labombiya.com.ar