I realize that you can push apps to the phone but you shouldn't have to,
that is the point of my rant. Why should a user have to go out of the way to
figure out how to use ADB to do this.

-----Original Message-----
From: android-developers@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-develop...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of String
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 3:24 PM
To: Android Developers
Subject: [android-developers] Re: New to android finally leaving Windows !!!

On Aug 4, 6:41 pm, "Tommy" <droi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> BUT AT&T had to go in and fiddle with everything totally locking down
their
> android phones just like an Iphone....Whats the point? Unless you feel
like
> rooting the phone which will void your warranty you will not be able to
> download whatever apps you want unless they are from the Market app.

I'm no friend of AT&T, and am as disappointed as anyone about the
restrictions they've put on all their Android phones to date, but
please get your facts straight before launching into a rant. They've
only disabled installing non-Market apps using the phone itself;
there's nothing stopping you from pushing APKs onto the phone using
ADB. And someone's even written a Windows application to do that.

For a dev phone, an AT&T 'set is not intrinsically a bad choice.
Except, perhaps, on ethical grounds.

String