No it must be done at install time.  Honestly, this is better than prompting
the user all over the place when they are actually trying to do some other
task -- they are more likely to look at permissions (and as a whole) when
the task at hand is installing an app.

You can't intercept URIs without going through a system UI where the user
decides what to do.  Also at that point the task they are doing is "look at
this thing I selected," so the decision they are making (pick which will
show the thing they are wanting to look at) is relevant to their task at
hand.

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Greg Giacovelli <miyamo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I suspect there has to be. I mean I saw for bluetooth there is. I was
> wondering why it is not as easy for the other permissions. I mean heck
> we can intercept urls without even asking a user for the most part, so
> I would have to suspect that permissions have to have this ability.
>

> -Greg

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hack...@android.com