I think I see where you are coming from to a point however honestly I
dislike the global statement. I mean a wall of permissions is going to
turn into white noise to users (in which case the permission could be
for Brick for all they care leading to spam) or paranoid users (in
which case your platform dies from no use, but is perceived as lack of
creativity from developers). I am just saying it would be nice, from a
user perspective and from a developer perspective if I could
optionally request a permission and/or upgrade to a permission via
user interaction (through a system UI that could persist a No or a
Yes). I mean if it's at install time, how do you explain to a user why
the permission is needed (They aren't engineers remember, and it's
only like 256 characters in the market description field).

Just my two cents.