I'm using camera preview on the G1, using code from CameraPreview in
ApiDemos.

I'm seeing the preview image appear stretched & rotated unless my
screen orientation is set to 'landscape' in the manifest.

I can reproduce the same effect by changing the manifest for ApiDemos,
setting the screen orientation for .graphics.CameraPreview to
portrait.

I'd love to know if this is a bug in the Camera class, or if there is
some way I can work around this behaviour in my code, perhaps by
telling the Camera or SurfaceHolder something about orientation.

Thanks!

Richard