(Good Morning)
Oh but you see, in fact, that's JUST WHAT THEY WANT...  and is the
whole purpose of the application ;<>)

Its funny because as I've endeavored to bring my app to life; most of
what I need to do flies in the face of 'proper' etiquette; as you have
surmised. But it is just the "ability" to do these sorts of things
that originally brought me to Android. I looked into iPhone first and
there were 2 issues I had with that camp. {a} There was NO WAY to
accomplish most of what I needed to do since the SDK developers
decided to "protect me from myself." and {b} I was amazed at how
hostile the developers group members were.

<soapbox>
I have been writing code for 30 years and I, too, get frustrated by
questions brought by developers that have obviously spent ZERO time
experimenting or trying stuff out... they want it all just handed to
them. But over in iPhone Developer Land --- they seem to prefer
battling why 'MY TECHNIQUE' is better than 'YOUR TECHNIQUE' and get
all medieval on the lowly guy just starting out trying to even
understand what techniques are available to him... and in my
particular case, the notion of my code's "etiquette" was just
Soooooooo upsetting that they berated me instead of offering *any*
advice.

anyway ...

</soapbox>

I found a code snip that illustrates how to start a new activity from
inside a BR -- and your point regarding specific naming of the
'context object' was used -- so, once again, I commend your expertise.

I think this is going to be the solution to all my problems (well,
except for that minor traffic altercation in Dubai  ;<>)

Thanks a lot (and again) for all of your help...