On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:50 PM, john brown
<johnbrowngreybe...@gmail.com>wrote:

> But I was surprised that Verizon updated my os without warning or consent.
> They did notify me after the fact. I am just wondering if this is common or
> unusual.

So your issue here is not that anything in your app broke in the upgrade,
but the fact that you were upgraded without prompt?

That's weird, I always get a prompt, though I'm on T-Mobile. Someone with
Verizon may want to confirm whether this is the way they work for some
reason. Or you could call up Verizon and complain.

> I would consider it quite a calamity if Microsoft updated my XP's to
> Vistas.

That would never happen since a) they're two different Operating Systems and
b) Microsoft is not going to give you a Vista upgrade for free =)

This is more like a Windows Update for XP, some of which do happen on their
own, I've noticed.