I guess you are trying to do too much. The basic operation of launching an
app is pretty straightforward, and it's definitely not broken. Have you
tried writing your own app and checking the behaviour? I haven't gone thru
the NotePad app well, but I am sure it would have been designed that way.

If you still face similar problems with your app, then perhaps, you should
post your code and let others go through it.

This is definitely not broken.

Kumar Bibek
http://techdroid.kbeanie.com
http://www.kbeanie.com