On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 4:08 PM, John <jhn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> The basic operation of launching an app is pretty straightforward, and it's
>> definitely not broken.
>
> How can you support your words?
> I wrote precise steps, which led to bugs, but you are simply saying
> that there it nothing wrong without any prove.

There were no bugs in your original post. There was behavior you did
not like, which you attributed to being a bug. Of course, you didn't
bother to explain what behavior you were seeking very clearly, forcing
us to have to read between the lines and guess. Rather than blaming
others, please consider just writing better questions.

> Yes. My application also have 2 activities and is very similar to
> Notepad.
> And my customers filed bugs related to multiple instances created.

Please examine the Intent class and the various FLAG_ACTIVITY_ flags
you can use when starting an activity. android:launchMode does not
need to be changed all that often -- you control the inter-activity
navigation via Intent flags.

For example, your complaints regarding having multiple instances of
the same activity probably is covered by
FLAG_ACTIVITY_REORDER_TO_FRONT.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in Atlanta: http://bignerdranch.com/classes/android