The only object I create in onCreate() is the view. I do this with

 mView = (MView) findViewById(R.id.mid);

I found one thing with the drawing loop and the setRunning() method
that maybe causes the  problem. I can't test on my Samsung device,
since I can't reproduce the problem there, but I will send a new
version of the app to SonyEricsson tomorrow so they can test it. Hope
it works out this time....