Hello all,

I've posted a question at the following link regarding issue I met
when trying to replace the standard contact application that comes
with android :

http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/565d89d354691a/d4f9d6a5f9560ffd#d4f9d6a5f9560ffd

I've done more tests to try to understand what is happening. Also I
have added my app in preferred package with :

       PackageManager pm = getPackageManager();
       pm.addPackageToPreferred(getPackageName());

(Note that I also have the right permission in the manifest)

This is the log I have from logcat :

/ActivityManager(   55): Starting activity: Intent
{ action=android.intent.action.MAIN categories=
{android.intent.category.LAUNCHER} flags=0x10000000 comp=
{com.android.contacts/
com.android.contacts.DialtactsContactsEntryActivity} }
/dalvikvm(   97): GC freed 3025 objects / 156504 bytes in 66ms
/AndroidRuntime(   97): Shutting down VM
/dalvikvm(   97): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception
(group=0x40010e28)
/AndroidRuntime(   97): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to
uncaught exception
/AndroidRuntime(   97): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start
activity ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/
com.android.contacts.DialtactsActivity}: java.lang.SecurityException:
Requesting code from www.dmailer.com (with uid 10017) to be run in
rocess android.process.acore (with uid 10002)
/AndroidRuntime(   97):        at
android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:
2140) ...

To summarize my previous post :

I've found the intents that allow my application to be launched when I
click on the contact icon from android. So now it prompts me to choose
between the standard contact app an my contact app, with a option to
set my app to be the default one. When I set this option and launch my
app, I got the error above.

What I could see :

It seems that the standard contact app is launched prior to mine
whereas both of them respond to the SAME intents. It also seems that
it requested my application to run in the same process
"android.process.acore". I know I could not make it to run using the
process.acore for security reason, and anyway I wan't my app to run in
its own process.

My questions are then :

Is it the normal behavior that one could expect when two applications
respond to the same intents ?
Why would an application be launched prior to the other one that
respond to the same intents ?

Thanks for help, I really have no more idea of how I could resolve
this .