Yeah, I wasn't thinking of killing all the functionality (in the Pro)
straight away - rather when, say, 95% of users had already installed the
"Lite" version.

Anyway, it's all way too messy to seriously consider.

Ideally, I would rather the Pro version becomes free (supporting in-app
upgrades), and Lite users gradually move over to that. And that somehow, the
licensing system can know which category the user falls into:

1. Paid for the app (i.e. got it *before* it became free) (LICENSED)
2. Did not pay for the app (i.e. got it *after* it became free), but
purchased the in-app-upgrade (LICENSED)
3. Neither paid for the app nor purchased the in-app-upgrade (NOT_LICENSED)