From the group's description on Google Groups:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers

Discuss developing Android applications using the Android SDK. Get help with troubleshooting apps, advice on implementation, and strategies for improving your app's speed and user experience.

The kernel is not a part of the SDK, and rebuilding it is not a part of the process of using the SDK.

Those other lists (esp. porting) has subscribers who routinely rebuild the kernel, so you'll have a higher chance of getting a good answer.

BTW, the following link:

http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/guide/net/ipv6_guide/index.html#dual

says that Java applications don't need to worry about choosing a specific IP version, it's automatic - although I don't know if the browser uses Java for networking.

-- Kostya