I'm not positive about this, but I think i just ran into a bug using static
vars.

I'm trying to fix it now, but I think my vars are getting GC'ed as the
phones runs low on memory and reinitialized when I need them again.
Which of course means that they get reinitialized to the default value when
created.
which cases the bug in my app (its a long running app).

Like I said, I'm not yet positive thats the cause of my own trouble, but I
think you might want to be careful about storing primitive values in static
vars.